Fat Freeeeee! Moi ha haha. Rrrrrriiiiiggghhhht.
Again, I used the glorious salt sent to me from Tucson in this post.
I couldn’t figure out what else to try with this salt after making the Spicy Cortez cocktails. But, I FIRMLY believe that in EVERY home there should ALWAYS be, butter, cream, sugar and flour. You can make a very happy home with just these simple ingredients. And they are all the staples of health. Um.
I just started layering my favorite things. Shortbread. Chocolate. Caramel. Too much salt. Check, check, check-check.
1/2 cup butter – softened
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/3 cup flour
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Mix crust ingredients together
- Press into 9X9 ungreased pan
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until edges are light brown
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Once the shortbread comes out of the oven, sprinkle the choc chips on it. Using a rubber spoon spread so it’s even. It should melt.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups whipping (heavy) cream
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- Heat all ingredients to boiling in heavy 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook about 35 minutes, stirring frequently, to 245°F on candy thermometer or until small amount of mixture dropped into cup of very cold water forms a firm ball that holds its shape until pressed. Immediately spread on top of shortbread/chocolate situation.
- In 5 minutes, sprinkle with 1/2 Tb sea salt. (And you SHOULD order THIS salt). I’m so getting this for gifts!!!