Thank you unborn child for without you, this cookie would have never been invented. Had you not woken me up at 4:30 in the morning yesterday and not allowed me to go back to sleep, I may have enjoyed a nice, lazy morning. But, thanks to you I was up up up and figured I might as well get inventive. This cookie ended up being so delish! I have a large appetite while NOT pregnant and nothing has changed since having little Iz in my belly. But yesterday, I tasted one of these bars around 9 am…by 3:30 I hadn’t eaten anything else and was just starting to get hungry. That’s very, very not like me. Point being, this cookie does not mess around. It’s large and in charge.
I started with the base of one of my ultimate favorite family cookie recipes and built from there.
- 1 cup butter, softened (I always prefer salted)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cup flour
- 1 bag milk chocolate chip cookies
- 2 bags caramels (kraft or other brand) – unwrap
- 1 king size largo hershey’s chocolate bar
- 1 bag mini marshmallows
- 5 graham crackers – coarse crush using hands
- 2 tsp sea salt or fleur de sel
- 1 freezer bag
- Preheat oven to 300
- blend first 6 ingredients in food processor until well combined
- press into greased cookie sheet to form a crust
- bake at 300 for 45 min
- remove from oven and immediately pour chocolate chips on top. allow to melt a bit and smooth out using spatula. If you need to melt them a bit more, pop the pan back into the oven for a minute or so until it can be easily spread.
- Pop pan into the oven for 10-15 min until chocolate sets up a bit
- in a saucepan over med heat, combine caramel and milk. Stir occasionally until melted
- Pour 2/3 of caramel mixture over chocolate and smooth out using spatula
- immediately pour mini marshmallows over the caramel
- using remaining caramel and a spoon, drizzle over the marshmallows
- sprinkle the salt over the caramel/marshmallow mixture
- pour graham crackers on top
- place broken up chocolate bar into large plastic bag and microwave at 50% – 1 minute intervals until melted. WATCH CAREFULLY! You don’t want your choc to burn.
- Using scissors, clip the edge off of the bag and drizzle the chocolate over the entire mixture.
- allow to set in the fridge for 1 hr then cut and enjoy!