This is such a yummy and refreshing dessert…I have a hard time behaving myself around these little nuggets. And they are so little…one more can’t hurt right? I did actually taste the lemon flavor a little more than the grapefruit but these were just truly to die for. I cut a thin slice of grapefruit to garnish with. It added a great burst of citrus.
13 tbsp butter
1 1/2 cup unbleached flour
1/3 cup confectioners sugar
1 lg egg yolk
1 tbsp heavy cream
- Let butter stand at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
- Place sugar in bowl of mixer. Add butter and toss to coat.
- Cream butter at medium speed until sugar isn’t visible.
- Add yolk and beat until well blended.
- Add 1/2 of the flour and beat.
- Add remaining flour and cream and beat until it forms a sticky mass.
- Shape dough in ball and chill for 2 hours.
- Roll out pastry and put into tartlet or full tart pans.
- Bake 12-15 minutes at 375 until golden.
1/2 cup fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
2 tbsp fresh squeeze lemon juice
1 tbsp grapefruit zest
2 tbsp lemon zest
1 lg egg yolk
12 tbsp butter cut in 6 pieces
4 lg eggs
- Place sugar in medium bowl and add zest.
- Rub zest and sugar between the palms of your hands.
- Strain juice into medium saucepan and add eggs, yolk, butter and zested sugar.
- Whisk to combine.
- Set on medium heat and cook whisking constantly for 3-5 minutes until it begins to thicken.
- At first sign of boil remove from heat and fill shell(s).
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.