“Straw & Hay” pasta – green and tan.
Recipe and pasta compliments of Ferranti Fresh Pasta
This is a light, modern pasta dish of the kind served in fashionable restaurants. It is the presentation that sets it apart, not the prep, which is quick and easy.
3 tbsp. pine nuts
12 oz. paglia & fieno (linguini)
3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp. sun-dried tomato paste
2 pieces, drained sun-dried tomato in olive oil – cut into very thin slivers
1 1/2 oz. radicchio leaves finely shredded
4-6 scallions – thinly sliced into rings
Salt and fresh ground pepper
1. Toast pine nuts in frying pan for 1-2 minutes – set aside. (keep a close eye on these)
2. Cook pasta – *Note for extra presentation, boil 2 colors in separate pans.
3. While pasta is cooking – heat 1 tbsp. of oil in pan, add sun-dried tomato paste, sun-dried tomatoes and stir in 2 ladles of water used for the pasta cooking. Simmer until sauce is slightly reduced.
4. Mix in shredded radicchio – season to taste.
5. Drain the pasta keeping the colors separate and return noodles to original pans they were cooked in. Add about 2 tbsp. oil to each and toss over med-high heat until pasta is glistening with oil.
6. Arrange a portion of green and white pasta (separate) in each bowl. Then spoon the sauce in the center.
7. Sprinkle scallions and pine nuts over the top.
Presentation option 2