I think I finally did it. I finally made “good” pizza. I have had many semi-successful attempts but something was always lacking. I used to use shredded mozzarella cheese but this time I used a log of fresh mozzarella and wow. Wow. I basically sliced it up into thick slices and put big ol’ cheese patties on top of the pie before baking. Very tasty!
Pre-made pizza dough
Tomato Basil Sauce (see here)
3 tbsp. Sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, sliced into thin strips
1 log Fresh Mozzarella
1. Pre-heat oven to 475 degrees
2. Roll out, toss or pull your pizza dough on a floured surface to as thin as you can make it
3. Sprinkle corn meal on cookie sheet or pizza stone
4. Lay your dough the pan
5. Drizzle edges of dough with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt
6. Lay fresh basil leaves (whole) all over pizza
7. Sprinkle sun-dried tomatoes on the pizza
8. Lay your cheese slices evenly over the top of your pie. They don’t need to touch. Don’t worry, they will melt and spread.
9. Bake in oven for about 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted and begins to brown